Competition Law for REALTORS®
Self-Study Course | Tuition: $74.99 [register]
3 PDP Hours | 2-4 Study Hours
This course is intended to give REALTORS® practical and clear guidance to help them recognize and avoid competition law issues. Course content includes: Enforcement, Conspiracy, False and Misleading Representation, Advertising and Compliance Requirements, Abuse of Dominance and Price Maintenance.
Developed by industry experts and vetted by brokerages, Boards and CREA; taking this course you will be able to:
- Recognize competition law issues that can arise in a real estate practice
- Describe the Competition Bureau's enforcement powers and potential penalties including updates to the Corporate Compliance Programs (2015)
- Recognize what is and is not appropriate to discuss with competitors
- Recognize business practices that likely violate competition law, may violate competition law, or where further guidance should be obtained
- Recall the importance of compliance programs at brokerage, Boards and Associations
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and describe key civil and criminal sections of the Competition Act
- Identify liabilities and penalties for violation of the Competition Act
- Incorporate identified strategies into your daily practice to comply with competition law
This course is designed for all Canadian real estate professionals.